Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apple iPad Review and First Look

I've an iPad coming in a few weeks with 3G. But I'm an Apple tech junkie. Last Saturday, I had to venture out and acquire an Easter tie - I always get a brand new tie for Easter. I saw the area Apple reseller to purchase a remote device intended for my Mac Television. The 1 year old continues transportation them off in addition to burying them someplace. That they had one iPad left. I purchased it. I figured we'd finally end up with two anyway, at the very least which is my rationale. With technology changing a lot, I opted never to get an amusement technique in my new automobile, in its place presuming I'd give my 4 year old my Apple iPad to observe motion pictures on. She currently navigates my iPhone more reliable than her mom.

I've used the iPad now for the solid week. I actually, love it. Everyone keeps asking me, "But what do you utilize it for?" That is usually the really cool part. I bet I take advantage of mine in a way you won't use yours. For that past week, I've taken it with me all over the place. At cathedral it's my Bible. In meetings it's my note taker, audio record, checking in on the office device. At CNN, it can be my show prep device, twitter monitor, email machine, etc. In your own home, it's my game device, bedtime story reader, movie machine.

It fills the gaps and that's what I need. When I must run out but stay connected at City Council or elsewhere in a way my iPhone won't cut it, I then can no longer have take into consideration where my computer bag is and is the battery charged on my laptop. I used my iPad for 2 days straight as my within the go device and never once plugged it up. The battery really is that good. Best example: last Tuesday I used it for five hours straight of moderate email, web surfing, and twitter. When they get home, it still had 60% of its charge.

I had a gathering last Wednesday concerning the city selling some property. Not a soul could determine where the parcel was. I pulled out the iPad, loaded Google maps, found the property, did a hybrid view, and passed it around.  In my downtime, waiting to travel on camera or for a gathering to begin, I can crank out emails or play quick game of Fieldrunners or Flight Control (ok, an extended game of either).  I can start a column for those newspaper or a blog post, but can't really finish them. If there's a rub, for now that's it. It's a consumption device and a light-weight production device. It isn't a workhorse. For blogging, I check out my MacBook. For finishing columns, etc. I do the same.

The keyboard in landscape is no problem whatsoever to me. Some games do landscape on one side from the device, but won't flip. And also the side they chose isn't the suitable side if you employ Apple's case. iBooks is great, but when you slide your finger across the words when reading for a 4 year old, the page flips back. All the problems are minor issues though. I love this device. I prefer its potential. I hold the future in my hands. It changes the way in which I operate and frees me up to be more flexible about how I operate. That's the great thing about the device. So if you have been asking yourself "Do You Really Want An iPad" the answer is yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment